MY 18TH BIRTHDAY

28 June 2016

Let me share a new memorable and fun event in my life!
 
Before we head to the main story, I want to talk about three things. First, I'm not yet officially eighteen. My real birthday is on July 11. My ate (older sister) who is working in Dubai came home because she wanted to have a debut. Second, I am a type of girl who likes to keep things simple and effortless. Honestly, I don't want to throw a party. I don't like standing in front of a crowd, being the center of attention, wearing elegant and dainty gowns, putting a lot of makeup- let's just say I'm not that feminine, yep I'm not a girly girl. Third, this is a lengthy post so just enjoy reading, 'kay?

Weeks before my ate came home, we were always chatting on Skype. She's being insistent and super pushy (I called her "stage ate" once haha!), telling me to push this celebration. At first, I always say no. I prefer having a simple dinner with them and that's it but she told me that it's a once in a lifetime experience and that I'm lucky enough because they can support me. I thought to myself, my ate is right and it's a waste if she already booked a flight and we're not going to celebrate. I searched for a simple and not so formal debut theme that is why I ended up having a Bohemian-themed debut party. 

I never thought that I would be enjoying planning and arranging every details. I became a hands-on planner and in that moment, I felt I'm beginning "to adult" haha! I designed my own invitations, made the whole program, styled my own gown, and contacted important persons that can help me with my debut- event stylist, makeup artist, photobooth and cake dealers. 

Days before the party, me and my sisters were busy finishing the souvenirs and invitations. My ate and I became night owls, 4AM became our sleeping time. 

We personally communicated with our makeup artist and can you believe it? I talked to him and planned to have a shoot that same day! I enjoyed it though :)

The wait is finally over! June 18, we celebrated my debut. My best friend and one of our friends are my hosts for that night. Below are some of the pictures of the event.
Thanks to our event stylist, the venue was beautiful and I really like how it turned out. The place have hanging round lanterns, dream catchers and lamps. The centerpiece on each tables were bottles with flowers in it and small jars. 

After prepping, I honestly didn't recognize myself with all the makeup and the long curly hair extension. I laughed at myself haha!
I've searched for inspirations for my cake. I sent the pictures to my cake supplier and I was so glad that she really did it! A teepee on top, a dream catcher with a number 18 on it. The cake was delicious too so happy tummy!
I had a tough time finding the best photo booth service. Thankfully, I found a website with nice reviews and very approachable staffs. I asked them if they can bring boho-related props and yes they provided all of it!
I'm so glad that I agreed to push this celebration. All those sleepless nights and busy days, they are absolutely worth it! I was also moved by what our makeup artist told me. Some girls don't want to have a debut party because they want to have a car or travel to another country. You can get all of those when you have a job, you can treat yourself whenever you want to.But it is more fulfilling and fun if you celebrate your eighteenth birthday because it only happens once in a girl's life. 


This taught me a lot of things that's why I want to give few tips on throwing a debut party.
1. Choose a theme. It's a lot easier because everything will flow based on your theme. From the style of the venue, the clothes you and your guests are going to wear and your souvenir as well. It will be your guide.
2. Budget. You will be really spending money to support your party. You should know how to balance and manage your funds well in order to supply all your needs. You should have a checklist so things won't get topsy turvy. Estimate prices for every details of your debut. (Venue, Contact persons, Souvenirs, Stationary, etc.)
3. Guests. Not because it's your party, you can invite everyone you know. Just like money, you should also limit the number of your attendees. This will also help you in picking persons for your 18 roses, candles, treasures, etc. 
4. Ask for assistance. Arranging a party helps you to be independent but sometimes you need a little help too. Aside from financial support, you should also ask your family or friends for some suggestions or contact information. 
5. Don't fret.  You should always have updates on your debut because if not, chances are, you will surely be stressed. You should enjoy every process to have a light flow and organization.


___________
Photos are taken by my cousins.
Photobooth: Mugshot Manila


3 comments

  1. Wow! This can’t get any better. You look stunning in this dress and I am sorry but the cake is drool-worthy. Happy birthday to you. The party venue has been decorated amazingly well. I can take ideas from here for sure. This is how an 18th birthday should look like. It’s simply superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wenni! I'm glad I helped in giving you some ideas! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the debut tips you added. This will help us preparing the debut venue in quezon city. we rent out.

    ReplyDelete