CURRENT DRUGSTORE FAVORITES

25 July 2016

Just going to leave here the products I'm currently hyped about. 


Aside from laid-back and androgynous clothing, I'm also a sucker for makeup especially mascaras and lipsticks. I never leave without having a single swatch on my hand every time I enter a makeup store.

My makeup routine is simple and easy. By the way, I'm still learning the nature of it. I do my brows first, curl my lashes and apply mascara, conceal and put on foundation and lastly, I apply lipstick. See, seems like I'm still a beginner though I've been involved in the business years ago.

In this post, I'm going to share the drugstore products that I've been using for the past weeks. Yes, you read that right- DRUGSTORE. So these products are budget-friendly but still quality makeup products. Enough babbling and go read it.
Let's start with primer. Believe me- I have no idea what this is for until my sister gave it to me. I've watched several tutorials on YouTube and they are using primers before putting on their makeup. Primer is a good base for foundations because it lasts longer and makes your face smooth, giving it a flawless look. Since I wanted to give it a shot and as a beginner, I picked the Instant pore eraser from Maybelline. It does work for me but it doesn't actually "erases" your pore, like they would just disappear, NO. It just makes it less visible. It is very easy to spread and it feels amazingly smooth when you're applying it. Also, it is fragrance-free. It really creates a smooth base for my foundation and makes my makeup last long for hours. So if you haven't tried this yet, go give it a shot!
If you're planning to buy a mascara but doesn't have that enough cha-ching, try the Hypercurl mascara from Maybelline. I must say, the mascaras from Maybelline are to die for! I don't need false eyelashes to make my eyes pop. It adds length and volume, very affordable (P199.00 or $4.22) and it can be your go to mascara. I curl my lashes first and apply the product and curl it again to make it longer. My only advice, do not excessively apply it because your lashes will get clumpy.

 Less dramatic look? This mascara is perfect for you! I recommend this to those who have short and thin lashes. This product's color is very black (as stated in the product) so it will give you thick and dark lashes. It is smudgeproof just like the Hypercurl mascara. My only negative comment about this is, it is very hard to remove since there's no need to reapply. So you should really use a makeup remover after wearing it.
 I had this before summer so I get to use it in school. This was no doubt my go-to lipstick. I can confidently go out of the house with just wearing this and a dab of foundation. My best friend gifted it to me because she knows how much I love makeup. What I love about this Maybelline lipstick is that it can be your everyday lipstick and it is very comfortable to wear. Its rosy mauve shade matches with everything. Its formula is not drying unlike other matte lipstick, it is indeed creamy but gives a matte-finish look. It lasts long but I doubt it will survive the food and drink test. Do I have any bad remarks on this product? The answer is no! 
 There are days when you just want to achieve an "I'm to lazy to doll up but I don't want to look ugly" look. Well girl (or boy) this gloss is your life saver! When I'm about to do some errands and I have no time to put loads of makeup, just one swipe and I'm off to go! It is a peachy coral gloss so it is perfect for all complexions plus it is a perfect shade for summer. It is easy to apply, very creamy. However, it feels a little bit sticky and it not that pigmented, it offers a moderate coverage.
King Kylie sure knows how to start a trend. A single selfie with a flawless nude lips, next thing you know she has her own cosmetic line. However, not everyone can afford that popular lip kits. I did a little research, find some dupes. Luckily, I found this matte liquid lipstick. I bought it for P450.00 ($9.54), cheaper than the Kylie lip kits that are sold for P2500 (most expensive price I saw) here in the Philippines. I'm not bragging but this really compliments my skin tone and it just look natural on me. The saleslady told me that it was a dupe for Kylie's Candy K. It dries quickly and very comfortable to wear, feels like you didn't put anything on your lips. It's not drying also. I suggest, one swipe is enough, do not blot your lips right after applying it because it gets patchy, also when you put several coats. You should definitely give this a try!
A lot of local Instagram accounts are selling Colourpop and are posting great feedback from their customers. I visited some shops and saw the different shades and I fell in love with it. I also saw this on Kathleen Lights' videos on YouTube and she collaborated with the said company. I was about to buy one. Coincidentally, one of my closest friends messaged me asking what I want on my debut. Of course, being a girl that is obsess with makeup, I sent her a picture of the shade that I want. I was so happy when i finally received it and I tried it right away! I was a bit shocked that it was darker. I didn't expect that it will have the same color on the tube. It was a dark violet color when I put it on. But I actually love it! It dries quickly and it doesn't have a smell at all. I also like the applicator because it makes it easier to glide on my lips. No dry feeling and it reaaaally lasts long!

SWATCHES

From left to right: Colourpop Lumière 2, Sleek Makeup Birthday Suit, NYX Peach Cobbler, Maybelline Touch of Spice

So these are pretty much the products I'm currently overusing. Mind to tell me yours? In the comments? Yes? :)

3 comments

  1. I love the new blog design hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into lipsticks too! I usually use Nyx soft matte lip cream in Buenos Aires (?) haahaha I have tons of lipsticks but this one is my fave

    ReplyDelete