Welcome 2018!

2 January 2018



The original plan was to organize the house and take a warm bath after the feast and there I was, composing my first post in 2018 (which was supposed to be my 'last' post for 2017) and which I was also supposed to publish after the celebration but I got that warm bath that I needed and slept right away. 


Before we head over to the main subject of this post, I am just going to share a little overview of what I did during the holiday. We celebrated Christmas on the 24th. It's an annual celebration/reunion of our family, we played games, showed some performances, and the much awaited giving of gifts. 



Guess what? I was  the host of the party!  Together with my two lovely cousins.  

I think that's pretty much what happened last month (It's a bit weird to say 'last month' because it still feels like an extra day of 2017, oh well). It sounds cliché but it definitely is a new year and a new beginning has arrived. To be honest, during the last days of December, those "I hope 2018 will be the year..." tweets were already flooding my timeline and I took time to ask myself "What do I want in 2018?", "What do I want to achieve next year?", and "Will 2018 be 'my' year?" and other related questions regarding how I want my 2018 to be. Suddenly, reality hit me. I realized that I was a bit selfish and impatient to expect something in 2018 without reflecting back and appreciating what happened in 2017. 

2017 gave me a lot of experiences- new and unexpected experiences. Last year, I started going to the gym to be fit, lose some weight, and achieve my body goal (which, unfortunately, I did not successfully achieve). I enjoyed every routine the coach taught me and seeing the tiny progress made me feel proud because I overcame and did something I thought I couldn't. It was more enjoyable and encouraging when you have a gm buddy, for me, it was my sister's best friend who also invited in the first place. 

I was also able to pass all my subjects during my second semester being a third year college student. Now, I am a semester away from graduating. Thank God indeed! Before starting my final year being a college student, I have doubts and the first was if I'm going to graduate on time. To tell you guys, I already laid out my plans after college which is basically to work and support my family. Yes, you can say that that is pretty basic and run-of-the-mill but I grew up knowing and understanding  that once you've finished your education and once you have a job, you get to support your younger sibling by helping him/her finish his/her studies. Another uncertainty that I have is the area or field I will venture after college. Being a psychology student, I can be placed in an industrial, educational, or clinical setting. For now, I am sure that I will enter the industrial setting while still deciding whether or not I am going to take my master's degree, which is another issue I am unsure of. Setting all those doubts aside, I am very pleased that I finished the previous semester without any failed subjects. We also successfully defended our research!! (can your hear me screaming?) This upcoming sem, I will be focusing on my OJT (on-the-job training). 

Additionally, I turned a year older. They say 19 is an awkward age, I absolutely agree. Why? My personal reason is that I am still a teen, well my lat year being a teenager,  so nothing completely changed (I think) yet I only have a year before entering the "adult world". Also, I think nobody actually cares when you turned 19 (unless you’re Kylie Jenner). I started pursuing some of the things I really want and that includes growing my hair long and cut it to donate to cancer patients and also starting my own Youtube channel where I get to share a more personal side of me. If you're interested to view my channel (might as well subscribe haha!), click this link.

Another significant moment happened in 2017 was when I flew without my family. Yes it was my first ever flight without them. I went to Dumaguete to attend a conference which I also uploaded here on my blog. During those 5 sleepless days, I created a closer and deeper friendship with my friends. All those shenanigans, late night talks, spontaneous movie night, basically all those blissful moments were added to our plethora of memories. (Dumaguete blog- right here).

Speaking of my friends, I am very happy and touched that despite of our different attitudes, I got people for keeps that understand, accept, and support me for everything I do in life and not letting me hang in there, especially when I tell the corniest joke I have.


2017, you were not bad at all. You were full of lessons, surprises, experiences, and encouragement. Now that we have entered a new year, I hope that 2018 will be a great year for everyone, preferably a better year than you, 2017.

WELCOME 2018! May you be a year of peace, love, happiness, contentment, success, and greatness!


Post a Comment