Dubai - United Arab Emirates

Why I Love Weekends More (+ How I'm Slowly Becoming a Morning Person)

7 August 2020

I used to spend my weekends before asleep half-day and waking up, still feeling lethargic as if my 12-hour sleep was still not enough. I will take my super late lunch and waste the remaining hours of the day just scrolling through my phone. That is gone now, thankfully. Ever since I started my fitness journey, or what I prefer to call "journey towards body confidence", I like spending each day productively- either it is a workday or a rest day, I like the idea that I get to accomplish a bunch of tasks for the day. Aside from the fact that I am trying to change my mindset about how I feel and see my body, I am also learning how I can change or develop my outlook in life.


Now let me share with you, I love weekends even before because I can stay awake late knowing I can also wake up late the next day and expect nothing to do for the whole day. I am just asleep, there in my comfortable bed, covered with soft blankets and pillows, sleeping like a baby. Believe me when I say I dread waking up so early in the morning for whatever the reason is. I hate it. I REALLY HATE IT. I will wake up grumpy, even grumpier if you have woken me up inviting me for a morning jog. I will think "Walking? In the morning? Are you serious?!". I will hate you for that. But now, I love weekends more! I established a routine, although I am still trying to maintain it in the long run. Waking up around 6:30-ish AM to go out for my morning walk/jog (yes, it is slightly shocking for me to love what I used to think as complete nonsense). I spend an hour or two outside, soaking up the sun, feeling the wind touch my arms and mess my hair, and listening to my worship song playlist. I never thought that the idea of being able to go out and have an early alone time would make me love mornings, and I am kind of disappointed that I just discovered it now. 


I love mornings! I love that I get to witness the sunrise and feel its warmth intensify each hour. I love the feeling being around nature- the trees, the smell of the grass being freshly watered, the sound of the birds chirping and flapping their wings, and how can I forget, breathing such fresh air! I love having my alone time with God while listening to my favorite worship songs and taking the time to be thankful that He gave me another day to live and feel his presence in my life. I love thinking about myself, not in a vain way, but thinking about how I can better myself, how have I been the past week. I love that I always look forward to my tasks and creating a list in my mind and the sequence of doing them- from doing my morning walk, to getting some groceries, coming home and doing home workouts, changing my beddings, doing the laundry, having the best shower, preparing my meals for the day, and taking a well-deserved nap by midday. 


I love weekends more now by being productive and being the complete opposite of myself in the past, which is not being a morning person. I love weekends more, utilizing my energy for the whole day, doing tasks slowly and at my own pace. I love weekends more that I can dedicate time for myself, for improving self-care and self-love. I love weekends more because of family togetherness. Lastly, I love weekends more because it is a beginning of a fresh start.


Hoping this post influences you to not overlook and take each day for granted and to motivate you to think of and find things that you appreciate. I hope this post boosts positivity that each one of us needs especially this time. I would love to hear about your weekend tasks or your favorite thing about weekends! Share it in the comment section below. Till next time :)


Post a Comment