My First Out of the Country: Dubai + Latest Travel Vlog

20 April 2019


Throwback to the days when I was actively updating my blog. Hopefully, sharing my Dubai travel experience would do the trick.

First things first, why Dubai? Believe me, everything was unplanned until I have to go with my sister and pondered about the vast opportunity of jobs here. Hence, while enjoying my "tourist mode", I ventured off to some of the must-visit spots here in the beautiful and luxurious city of Dubai (thanks to my cousins).

UAE (United Arab of Emirates) is the first ever country I've visited and what makes it more unforgettable is that I have experienced some of my 'firsts' in Dubai- first time to ride a train, to ride the bus (I've gone to field trips during my school days but I never rode one when commuting), first time to ride a taxi (I know, shocking right?), first time to go around an unknown city alone, and some that I cannot list here because, ironically, I cannot remember them.

Gong back to the must-visit spots, we headed first to Souk Madinat Jumeirah where I was awestruck of the picturesque location- every nook was really eye -catching. A parade of souvenir shops and clothing store of the locals were situated inside along with some restaurants.


There were traditional Arabic boats parked on the side of the lake for tourists to try the Abra Tour.

Having a perfect sight of the Burj Al Arab was exciting since I only saw it on ref magnets and postcards. However, there was an event being held so we can't pass through to get a closer encounter- perfect definition of 'so close yet so far', I guess. 

After having lunch and a little more exploration paired with taking a bunch of photos (that surely, will never be uploaded), we journeyed to Dubai Mall , a.k.a. the biggest mall I have ever seen in my life! While waiting for the Dancing Fountain show, we toured inside the mall and to my surprise, Burj Khalifa, yes, the tallest building in the world, was just outside the mall! Well, not literally.  




Weeks and weeks after, together with my #DubaiFam, we went to La Mer which is a perfect site for a "not-so-hot" afternoon stroll and a quick splash in the beach.






Weather Discussion- During my first month here in Dubai, it was sunny but super cold because it was the remaining days of winter and honestly, I never thought it could be so chilly in Dubai (as you can see from the former photos of this post, I was wearing a sweater). When I think of Dubai, desert is the first word that pops up, aside from camels. Nowadays, it is so hot, unlike the heat in the Philippines which is very humid, the hotness here in Dubai is dry and if I am going to exaggerate, it feels like being chased by an open oven.

Based on my experience, a quick tour to some places here in Dubai is enough to see the majestic beauty of this city.


Post a Comment