2 Basic Summer Staples to Up Your Style Game

22 April 2019

'Tis the season to ditch skinny jeans!
It may not be the demise of skinny jeans or other body-hugging clothes to some but summer has joined the chat so we probably need more breezy and comfortable pieces. Thanks to my all-time favorite destination to search for outfits, Pinterest, for resolving my "What to wear in sunny Dubai?" dilemma.

With numerous inspirations, I grabbed my white shirt and romper in my closet and partnered it with a pair of boots. After calling it a day, I told myself, "these boots aren't for walking but thank goodness I survived!". 

A basic white t-shirt isn't really basic and boring. In fact, this classic piece is very versatile- it can be worn with shorts, pants, a variety of shoes, and good for layering although I do not recommend doing so especially in this season.

Another summer staple that every fashion girl should have is a romper. Just like a white t-shirt, rompers can be worn in countless styles and a perfect outfit for any day. You can wear it as it is or wear a shirt under, just like what I did. Mine was a bit loose-fitted so I remedied it by wearing a belt.
On a side note, it may concern some people that I'm wearing shorts in a conservative country. I still have that in mind that is why I opted for longer shorts. Although fashion is a form of self-expression, it may seem rude to the locals if we do not dress appropriately. Hence, we should put some thought in what we will wear to show respect.
Overall, this ensemble that combined two summer staples radiates a 90's school girl vibe, for me. A comfortable outfit for summer without sacrificing style.

White T-shirt- Cotton On
Romper & Boots- H&M
Sunnies- Sunnies Studios
Bag- Tchibo

Post a Comment