SEASON OF HAPPINESS

11 December 2015


Christmas is not about receiving gifts or giving materialistic things. For me, it is about sharing- giving others a portion of what you have. Christmas is also about bringing joy to other lives. It is a special and the most important celebration in a year. I am going to share this simple activity we've done last Tuesday.

Teens nowadays are the modern vampire- so active during the night. Being one of the group, it is not my thing to wake up early. (Luckily, my class schedule isn't that early or else, huhu. I'll suffer.) My mom woke me up early that Tuesday morning and I'm too lazy to get up.She asked me to accompany her to their company's annual community service. 

Since Christmas is fast approaching, they planned to cheer up some people. They picked a pubic elementary school near our house. Few minutes later, we arrived at the school. The children were sitted on their designated tables. The stage was simply decorated and some teachers were busy arranging the whole event. 


Th school's principal, Ms. Rowena Mapanoo, started the program with an opening remarks. My mom followed to give her little speech too. 

After their speeches, the hosts encouraged the kids to stand up and have an ice breaker. The kids cheerfully joined and did what the hosts asked them to do.

It was so cute seeing those little kids smile and have fun!
The games were played by level- Grades 1,2, and 3 and the babies too, Kinder 1 and Prep. After the games, some girls prepared a dance number for everyone. Dancing gracefully, the kids were relaxed and some are moving to the music, too. 


And the most awaited part? EATING TIME!! Hahaha. Since their company's audience are kids, they chose Jollibee  to be their coordinator. They gave each one a bag with food and toys in it.
Oh. And that's me, giving loot bags to the kiddos!
My cutie nephew. He likes Jollibee that's why my father sent him to the venue. (Why does kids like Jollibee? Weird.)

Before closing the program, some photo op with the Bee hahaha!


 All in all, the kids enjoyed the whole show. Some of them were like, "Hala! Puno na yung bag ko!", "Hala di na magkasya." and some are busy nom nom-ing. Haha!
Before heading home, the Jollibee staffs together with the school's staffs as well, snapped a photo with me and my mom. 
Look at me! I was like, "Wait lang po, hinagin yung cap ko!" Sadly, I didn't get a decent picture huhu. 
But wait... I have a selfie with the kiddos!!
Cap from urbanlifeph (Follow them on Instagram!)


It was tiring but it was all worth it. Those little kids are very appreciative. Simple things indeed brings happiness. It was a fulfilling job for me especially this Christmas season. I got to mingle and chat with them. Seeing them happy, made me happy too. :) 

This Christmas, let others feel your presence. Even if you know them personally or not, make them feel that they are special. Doing a simple action like this isn't simple to them, it is a gift that nobody can steal from them.

Advance Merry Christmas to you guys! 

Post a Comment