HOW I EDIT MY INSTAGRAM PHOTOS

9 December 2015


 From snapping a photo with friends, your favorite food, places you visited, and your recently taken selfie- Instagram is indeed a place to share your photos online!
If you will visit my Instagram (@theangelmilca), you can see that I have a random or some people call it 'messy feed'. It's a multi-filtered feed and I take flat lays, simple outfit photos, and some nature- related shots (Oha! Hahaha) 


In this post, I'm going to spill out to you guys how I edit my Instagram photos.


 If you have an iPhone, this is automatically installed in your phone.

I use VSCO and Squaready- both are free! 
I also use Afterlight, but most of the time, VSCO is my super app! 
 


I am going to use this photo as an example. 
- Choose the photo you want to edit then import.
- Choose the filter that you want and adjust.
(When it come to filters, you got many to choose from. But you should always keep in mind that there's the best filter that will perfectly change your photo.)

After editing my picture and before uploading it on Instagram, I first open it with Squaready to add white borders. Click the 3rd icon thrice in the middle section part and you can finally share it on Instagram!


Here are some of my edited photos:

 







Now some of you may ask, "is it free?" Most of my filters are paid. But my favorites are A6, HB1, the popular SE3 and S2

Some tips:
1. Natural light > Artificial light- S-U-N-L-I-G-H-T
2. Adjustments may vary. Avoid changing the settings too much. Check if it still compliments your photo.
3. Experiment. I suggest that if you're not 'feed conscious', try out different filters.
4. Be original. Don't copy (some steal) other people's photos and don't imitate their feed too. It's okay to get some tips, but apply it in a new way, in your own way.

I hope that this simple post will help you in editing your photos and improve your creativity, as well!

Post a Comment