Dubai - United Arab Emirates

April Favorites- Beauty Products Worth Buying

30 April 2020


I have tried different products this month-makeup, skincare, and bath essentials. I have gathered the products that made to my "monthly favorites" and I am also sharing why I am so obsessed with them. 

This month, my current issues are my persistent acne (which I am still facing but luckily, it is improving) and dry skin. Due to the change of season here in Dubai, my skin gets dry and dehydrated. I searched online for products that will solve my skin problems. As for my acne, thank goodness for the tips I have found on Pinterest which are a total life savers! 

For each product below, I have put the link where I have ordered them online and the physical stores where I purchased them.

1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash- iHerb UAE
I have tried various facial washes and acne bar soaps before. Some of them worked short term and some didn't really help. After 2 weeks of use, it lessened my breakouts, my skin didn't purge severely, and it makes my face hydrated. This product also contain salicylic acid which is an acne-fighting ingredient and helps unclogging pores. What I love more about this product is that it doesn't leave my skin dry and tight after every wash, reduces redness of acnes, leaves my skin smooth despite that it has salicylic acid which is also an exfoliant.

2. T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel- iHerb UAE
This product is so hyped up everywhere that is why I gave it a try. I saw this from a girl on Pinterest, who shared that she religiously used this everyday and it helped in cleansing her face, especially her pores, calms skin irritations, and reduces oiliness on the face. I was currently on a hunt to finding a toner that will cleanse my face without leaving it dry and rough. This witch hazel did help in removing unwashed dirt on my face and helps in minimizing my pores. The only downside of this product, for me, is its strong scent which is very alcohol-y. Aside from that, this product definitely does its purpose.

3. Nubian Heritage African Black Soap- iHerb UAE
This is the soap I use at night, which also fights acne. I like the scent of this soap and how soft it leaves my skin. It has solid particles in the bar soap, which doesn't affect its gentleness on the skin. It is not irritating, it is made from natural ingredients, and a bar will definitely last because it suds quickly. 

4. Vaseline Coco Radiant Lotion- Carrefour (it is available in any grocery store)
MY FAVORITE LOTION EVER!! Well, aside from the aesthetic of the packaging (it really attracts my eyes), it leaves my skin glowing! I am using too many exclamation point because this product deserves all the rave reviews. Before I use this twice a day, and only using at night now, because I bought another skin-soothing lotion (you'll find out later). Only 3 days of use and I was already seeing visible results. Even without touching my skin, I already know how smooth and soft it feels. It really gives the glow you want on your skin and the scent, oh the cocoa butter, lasts the whole day! One advice I can give you, buy this lotion!

5. Benefit Cha Cha Tint- Sephora UAE
Back when I was still attending to the office, this is my holy grail makeup product. I use this on my cheeks and on my lips and the pigment lasts all day. I don't need to reapply as it stays on my skin and lips despite the sweat and lots of water that I drink. Previously, I was using the Benetint, from the same brand. Nothing bad with this product except that I just wanted to try a different product and a different shade. Cha Cha Tint has a thicker formula than Benetint, but both gives color and life to my face.

6. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion- Carrefour (it is available in any grocery store)
We all know that this product, I mean the whole line from this brand, has been ins topres for quite some time now. I regret that I bought this lotion just recently. Why didn't anyone tell me how great a bottle is? One, the scent, cocoa butter, my favorite. Two, a little goes a long way. Three, it is so effective in leaving my skin soft and radiant. Four, it reduces the appearance of scars and smoothens dry and rough skin. Five, it is so affordable. What's not to love? (heart eyes everywhere indeed!)

7. MAC Lipstick- Paramount- MAC UAE
I love how this shade is so flexible- flexible in a way, how hard or soft you glide it on your lips, the shade is beautiful! It has a satin finish, although even MAC's matte lipstick are not drying at all, this gives my lips a moisturized feeling. Also, have I already told you this is the exact lipstick that Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green) used in Friends? :)

I want to hear your current obsessions for this month! What are your April Favorites? Share them in the comments below.


Post a Comment